Thursday, February 21, 2013

Giving Voice to a Tide of Despair


The bells in the stillness
ring in my ears,
and I feel it.
Tonight I can't hold it back
the night that so often rescues me,
seems determined
to drag up screeching demons,
flowing out, from old black wounds.

This frightful rage.
This raging fear.
My heart and hands cannot find
a thing to do,
as my will is being eaten.

Like a starving dog,
who gnaws at its own rib bones
with broken sounds in the grinding teeth.

This abscess poisons my very core,
till my every thought tastes rotten
and even screaming cannot save my dying voice.

For I have not the strength to put weight to my curses.
This impotent, exhausted despair has tied me to the floor
and becomes the home that absorbs me into darkness.
 Even then the pain, I know, is nothing.

Time always brings out more
And I feel terror to be so broken,
that I might abandon my last hope
to the flames. Unlocking the gates of Hell,
and finding the Devil Madness smiling,
as the sound of bells in the stillness
are silenced, by the howls torn from my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment