Thursday, February 14, 2013

Walking, I asked Time to stop in the allure of the Moon

The moon is thin tonight.
She hides her face, but teases me with cheek.
Deftly hiding what I seek, beneath her blackened veil.

I don't mind her games
tugging on the ocean of my thoughts,
just her little playful plots
 that make me miss that sweet and sliver smile.

For awhile I contend myself
in the pattern of the stars.
Whose tongues shout far across time and night
the story of Light
in the passions of gods and men.

But then, I look again to see the moon
and think its too soon for day to break upon our shell of sky.
That gold sword's edge cuts along my heart,and I can't help but morn
in the blood of Night, that paints
 the tale of new days.

I don't blame the rays that shut the blue doors of Time,
but hide my memories
in the tides of my heart,
where her face is still clear

And I wait for night to draw near,
so I may see her face
though she teases me with cheek.




No comments:

Post a Comment